Give Your Locks Some Love

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Winter definitely affects my hair as much as it affects my skin. I find that its more dry and lifeless in the winter months so I tend to put extra effort into keeping it in good condition. Since having quite a drastic haircut last month, I've been caring more about taming my mane. When it was super long it was riddled with split ends and damage so products weren't making any difference. I thought I'd share some of the haircare products I've been loving to give you some 'hairspiration' to cure your winter hair blues.



Toni&Guy Shampoo and Conditioner 
I've got to say, Toni&Guy is one of my favourite haircare brands. I use their straighteners and barrelled waver and they're some of the best hair stylers I've used. Having been such a fan of their salt spray and defining cream I don't know why it took me so long to use their shampoo and conditioner. I picked these two gems up last month and I've been obsessed ever since. They smell incredible; it's not a sweet or fruity smell so it's right up my street. I'm typically someone who uses loads of conditioner because my hair is so thick but this one doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy at all. I've noticed a huge difference in how healthy my hair looks and feels since using them so if that sounds like something you need, definitely check out Toni&Guy.

I'd never tried, or even heard of, a leave-in conditioner spray before but I'm kinda digging this one. If I've straightened or curled my hair, but it's static or slightly frizzy, I'll spritz it with this and it tames it completely. I was sceptical that it would make my hair feel wet but it settles into my hair almost instantly and leaves no sticky feel to it. Also the scent is GORGEOUS (I'd honestly use this as a fragrance if I could) which is a bonus.


This one is my holy grail hair serum. I rave about it to everyone and if there's one product you need to test it's this one. I use it if I haven't got time to straighten my hair after blow drying it and it honestly makes it look like I have straightened it; my hair looks so sleek and shiny once I've used it. I've been using it for so long now and I don't think I'd ever use any other one because I can always guarantee it will make my hair look healthier. 


If you don't use a heat defence spray already, you need to. I think it's one of the most important steps when doing my hair. I got this one for Christmas (it came in a set with my hairdryer) and for some reason it's no longer being sold on Boots or Superdrug so it might have been a limited product but I'm not sure. The spray contains Keratin which is a protein that reduces dryness and damage to your hair. This is perfect for me because I use straighteners and curlers quite often and I definitely don't want heat damage.

I've started using this instead of salt spray recently because I find that it has a  much nicer finish after curling my hair. It gives my hair loads of volume and it doesn't feel like there's a lot of product in my hair like a salt spray does. It for sure makes my hair look shinier too and gives curls and waves more definition. If you're someone who curls your hair regularly I'd 100% suggest that you give it a go.


I can't stress enough that you don't need to use a lot of this for it to do it's job. A little goes a long way. There's been a few occasions where I've thought "oh a little more won't hurt" and I've ended up with greasy hair that I've had to re-wash. I usually tend to shy away from hair oils for that reason but if you know how much of this to use, the result is really nice. TRESemme is one of my go-to brands that I know I can trust and I don't think I've ever used one of their products and not liked it. This oil is especially good for frizzy hair and leaves it feeling really soft. I use it on damp hair, just before blow drying, but you can also use it on dry hair to help you style it too.


What are your go-to haircare products? Have you tried any of the ones I've mentioned? Let me know.

Liv x

You Might Also Like

0 comments