My Everyday Makeup

Wednesday, February 08, 2017


There are so many things I love about makeup. The one thing I love most is how a bit of winged eyeliner and a few coats of mascara can instantly make you feel more confident. I use makeup as a way to be creative and I love trying out and experimenting with new products so I thought I'd share some of my favourites. It was so hard to whittle it down to a small selection but here they are...


This mascara is AMAZING. It's definitely one of the best mascaras I've ever used and I've tried a fair few. The curved brush makes my lashes look so much longer and fuller and it separates them so there's no clumpy finish. I find that some mascaras can dry out really quickly but this one doesn't so it's really good value for money.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation
Personally, I think Rimmel just always get foundations right. They always seem to do exactly what they say on the bottle; this one really does last all day. I'm someone who prefers a matte finish over a dewy finish so it's just perfect for me. I use the shade 'True Ivory' and it matches my skin tone so well. It's also really easy to blend and feels light on the skin even though it has good coverage. 

I feel like everyone raves about this concealer but honestly it's SO GOOD. After hearing so many good things about it I tried it and I've since gone through 6 of them. The coverage is incredible for spots, dark circles and redness. I tend to use two different shades for tackling my blemishes; 'Fair 01' for under the eyes and 'Medium 02' for spots and redness. I would 100% recommend it and for the price you can't go wrong.

L'Oreal Super Slim Eyeliner
For so long winged eyeliner was impossible for me to do. I won't lie it's still a struggle to get them to look even but this eyeliner has made it 10 times easier. It's got a very thin tip so its super easy to draw with and it's intensely black and doesn't dry out quickly.

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette 
This was an easy pick for me because I use this palette religiously. Although it's slightly more pricey than other palettes out there I think it's such good quality for money. It's so pigmented and the warm tones are gorgeous and really compliment brown eyes so definitely give it a go.


Maybelline Colour Sensational Matte Lipstick
I use the shade '930 Nude Embrace' which is a really wearable deep nude perfect for natural everyday makeup. It's got a matte finish but isn't too dry which I LOVE. However, I do find myself having to re-apply it a lot throughout the day because it doesn't last as long as I'd want it to but that's the only down side. The maybelline colour sensation lip liner in the shade 'Nude Whisper' matches it perfectly.


Seventeen Brow's That
Eyebrows is my least favourite part of doing my makeup, I absolutely hate having to do them. They never look even and seem to take FOREVER to do. This kit comes with a pencil, wax, powder and highlight. I prefer using a pencil to outline and powder to fill in using an angled brush. I don't tend to use the wax because I don't like the feel of having lots of product in my brows but it does keep all the hairs in place. 



Seventeen Define And Conquer Contour Kit
If I'm being honest, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to contouring and highlighting. No matter how many beauty guru tutorials I watch on Youtube it never looks right and I end up looking like a shimmery wotsit. Nonetheless, I use the bronzer and highlight in an attempt to make my forehead look a bit smaller (it doesn't actually work but let's pretend). 



What are your everyday makeup essentials?

Liv x

You Might Also Like

0 comments