Recently I Have Been...

Friday, April 07, 2017



After reading this style of post on Kayleigh's blog I was keen to do my own so  here's a summary of all the wonderful things I've been up to lately:

Reading... So many new blogs. Some new discoveries that I'm obsessed with include My Laura Life, Marble Beauty, and Iridescent Places.

Pinning... Endless amounts of home decor inspo. I don't really know why because I'm not moving out any time soon but I'm just obsessed with interior design ideas and have a board for every room. Copper and marble is my fave trend at the mo.

Listening... To Starboy NON-STOP. Okay, so I know everyone seems to be raving about it right now but it's just such a bloody good album. I'm totally jealous of anyone who saw him live with Drake. Every single song is catchy and they're always stuck in my head and it's just made me fall in love with The Weeknd even more. Good old Abel. 

Snapping... Way too many pictures of flowers. This season is when daffodils and snowdrops are in their prime and little by little they're taking over my camera roll.

Watching... The new Criminal Minds. I hadn't been that interested in watching season 12 since two of my fave characters, that had been there from the start, weren't in it anymore. I thought I'd hate the new set up but ohhh was I wrong, I love the new guys and I love this season's storyline.

Learning... To play piano. Well, attempting to teach myself how to play piano. It's always been something I wanted to do so I thought there's no better time than the present. I've borrowed my Nan's (very old) keyboard and I've been trying to learn how to read sheet music. Thankfully I have some knowledge and experience playing piano so I wasn't completely starting from scratch and I love it.

Trying... New coffees. We bought one of those uber cool Nescafe pod coffee machines a while back and I've been a bit too excited about testing the different coffees out there. I never knew there were so many types: the macchiato, the mocha, what happened to a good old cappuccino?

Searching... For the perfect pair of glasses. It feels like I've been on every website that exists looking for the pair of specs I have in mind. I'm getting a bit tired of my chunky square ones and just fancy a change. I'm really loving the selection on Ace and Tate but I'm the most indecisive person EVER so don't want to be too hasty and buy a pair then see ones I love somewhere else. Ahh the perks of decision making.

What have you been up to recently?
Liv x

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Thanks for the post mention Liv! I too have been pinning so much home décor inspiration on Pinterest lately, I seriously want the whole of my house to look exactly like the photos on Pinterest!

    Kayleigh | anenthusiasmfor.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, they're such pretty pictures everything is so perfect!

      Delete
  2. I love Pinterest, it's so easy to get lost looking at all of the pretty things!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could literally spend hours on it, I love it!

      Delete
  3. I'm on the hunt for new glasses at the moment too, haven't found any to suit me yet though! X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just too picky and indecisive, it's not a good combo!

      Delete
  4. I love this concept! super cute <3
    learning to play the piano took a while for me cause i would literally sit there for hours trying to memorize all the keys and play by ear instead of actual knowlege lmao!

    xo
    chrissie
    lipstickvillain.com | @lipstickvillain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's trying to get familiar with all the symbols and reading sheet music that's tricky, all about practice though I guess! Thankyou lovely xx

      Delete
  5. I love this post!
    I suggest looking on youtube for piano tutorials. They are really helpful.
    -Maria
    She Blushes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched a few and found them really helpful, it's like having a piano teacher without the expensive fees xx

      Delete
  6. I am constantly searching for the perfect pair of glasses too, preach! Great post x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ace and Tate have really nice frames and they don't cost an arm and a leg like some places x

      Delete
  7. This is so cute! I love posts like this.
    I really need to get my hands on some new sunglasses this year, my current ones have been scraping around the bottom of my bag for the past year!

    Corrie | Corrie Arnold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's about time I bought a new pair too, I'm just so hesitant to spend too much on them when primark ones do the job just fine (not to mention they only cost about £3, it's mad)xx

      Delete
  8. Loved this post a lot liv, I, too, have been snapping quite a few photos lately; I got a new camera so that's really been inspiring me to look at what's around me more carefully! x
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie xx
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely! I need to have a camera roll declutter, there are too many unnecessary photos that'll never be of any use xx

      Delete