A Hidden Gem: Max Factor Creme Puff Powder

Tuesday, May 23, 2017


I think I've found my new favourite powder. I don't usually stray from my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte but I've been reaching for this Max Factor Creme Puff one every time I've worn makeup recently. Isn't creme puff the nicest name? Really rolls off the tongue (and makes me want a pastry).
It's been stuck in my draw ever since I had it for my Birthday but I used it spontaneously while I was in a rush doing my makeup and just slapped anything I could find on my face. Surprisingly it made my 5 minute makeup job look much better than the usual disaster I muster up. I haven't seen anyone talk about this so I felt like I needed to share it.

I've never really been a fan of Max Factor Products in the past but I really love this powder along with one of their lipsticks I was given for my Birthday as well. I'm planning to write a post about that soon too. It's a pressed powder which if you're clumsy like me, is much safer than using a loose powder. Messy stuff. They have quite a few different shades but mine is 'Truly Fair'. It sounds super light but it's actually not so I'd say test the shades in store as opposed to buying online because they might turn out darker than you expect.

Things I Noticed:
  • Lightweight- It doesn't feel heavy or stiff like other powders I've used which feels really nice on the skin.
  • Full Coverage- It's really good for covering anything concealer wasn't able to, without giving a cakey finish.
  • Smells Incredible- Okay so this doesn't actually affect the performance of it but I love when makeup products have a nice scent. I can't work out what it reminds me of though. Kind of like Talc (random I know but who doesn't like the smell of talc) but also kind of like lavender and vanilla. 
  • Long Lasting- Since using this I've for sure seen a difference with how long my makeup lasts. I tend to need to top up the powder because everything slides about but this makes sure everything stays put.
  • Even Texture- I liked this one because, like the Rimmel Stay Matte, it doesn't cling to dry patches and makes your skin look flawless.
  • Matte But Not Drying- As I've mentioned before, dewy makeup does not look right on my face. It just looks greasy and gross so I always go for matte finishes. This is matte but doesn't make your face look dry or creased like some powders can.
Have you tried this powder or any other Max Factor products? What are your thoughts?

Liv x

Btw, you can buy the powder here. You don't even need to make the effort to search for it. See how good I am.


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I looooove this powder! It was the first makeup product I ever bought and I still have it to this day because I can't part with it. It's an amazing product, and unfortunate that Max-Factor isn't cruelty free as I just made the transition. x Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it!! I didn't know they tested on animals, that's a shame xx

      Delete
  2. Can't believe I've not heard of this before! It sounds so good, I must get around to giving this a go, as I don't tend to stray from the Rimmel one either xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rimmel one is fab!! This one is definitely on par with it though xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds fabulous! I always use the Rimmel Stay Matte but recently I've gotten a little fed up of it.
    This is definitely going on my to buy list!
    (I love when I product smells good too!)

    Coffee & Avocados

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good alternative to the Rimmel Stay Matte. Me too, it's an added bonus!

      Delete
  4. This sounds fab! I've never used the Creme Puff and as your review really sounds interesting it goes definitely onto my bucket list.

    xx Simone
    http://www.littleglitterybox.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would 100% recommend it! I don't usually stray from products I know for sure work but I'm so glad I did with this one xx

      Delete
  5. I'm the same and have never really been a fan of Max Factor but reading about this powder really makes me want it! I have such oily skin so I'm always hunting for powders! Xxx

    www.lifeofem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have oily skin it will definitely help your makeup stay in place throughout the day!xx

      Delete