How I Clean My Makeup Brushes

Saturday, May 27, 2017


As annoying as it may be, cleaning makeup brushes is essential. Having said this, anything that speeds up the process and makes it feel less of a chore is happily accepted. That includes the god sent that is the real techniques brush cleansing gel which I discovered a few months back. It is a LIFE SAVER. It's so much quicker than the classic bowl of hot water and fairy liquid. There's not a soap sud overload that gets stuck deep in the hairs and it doesn't take yonks to do.

1) Run brush under hot water (it's best to hold them face down so the hot water doesn't seep into the handle and loosen the glue and break them) Then apply a small amount of the real techniques brush cleansing gel.

2) Massage the gel into the brush. It honestly gets every bit of makeup from the brush effortlessly. You don't need a lot of gel either. A little goes a long way. I've had this bottle for 5 months and I use it roughly every 2 weeks (it's good to have lots of different brushes you can rotate through so you don't have to wash them all the time) and I'm not even half way through it yet.

3) Keep running the brush under the hot water until all the gel has gone and leave to dry overnight. 

Simples. (Russian compare the meerkat voice)

What do you use to effectively clean your makeup brushes?

Liv x

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I should clean my brushes more often! Thanks for the tips!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few so I can rotate and not have to wash them all the time xx

      Delete
  2. That gel sounds perfect! I've been using shampoo and it's so hard to wash out. I just picked up a little silicon handheld cleaner that you can put the soap on and then wash the brush with and it works really well!

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the handheld cleaners but didn't think they'd be that good! I'll have to try one!

      Delete
  3. I'm actually so bad at cleaning my makeup brushes! I should really invest in some proper cleaning gel like this one as I normally just use a regular cleanser which isn't the best! Thanks for the tips! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gel is so worth buying, it makes them smell so nice too!xx

      Delete
  4. I think I need to buy this gel! Maybe it will motivate me to stop being so gross and just clean my brushes! Xxx

    www.lifeofem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahah it definitely should, it's so easy to use xx

      Delete
  5. I should really clean my makeup brushes more often but I always forget! I have got shampoo that has done me quite well, so they are nice when I clean them! Xox
    Www.thedarkeowl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use shampoo too!! I love using them for the first time once I've cleaned them, they're so soft!!xx

      Delete