3 New Skincare Additions

Sunday, June 04, 2017


I don't usually like trying out new skincare products because my skin is uber sensitive so I tend to only really use the same ones that I know don't irritate it. That being said, I feel like I've finally got to grips with my skin type and can predict how certain products will make my skin react. I have certain brands that I know I can trust and I usually stick to them. After making quite a hefty superdrug order (why do they decide to have such good sales when I'm trying to save!!) I picked up a few things for my skin that I'd heard good things about.


So the first thing is this day cream by Nivea. Now I know that using anti-wrinkle at the age of 17 might sound ridiculous but that's not the only reason I use it. It's a really nice cream that makes my skin feel so soft and nourished after washing it which makes for a smoother base to apply my makeup on. It hasn't caused me any problems either which is rare when I use new things for my skin but there's been no redness, irritation or breakouts. I'm not exactly excited for wrinkles when I'm older either so isn't the earlier the better when it comes to anti-wrinkle creams? 


I am so glad I finally decided to try this face mask. I've been seeing so many people rave about it on blogs but I haven't had the best track record when it comes to face masks to be honest. They usually burn my skin and leave me with horrible eczema like rashes dotted around my face and it's so painful. So it's safe to say I was sceptical about trying this clay mask out. I've had no problems with it though and it's really gentle on sensitive skin. This one appealed to me the most out of the other 3 in the range because of its skin brightening qualities and ability to help pigmentation. I really struggle with acne scars so these types of products really catch my eye. It contains 3 natural clays and red algae that each help to exfoliate and brighten the skin. 
L'oreal says it contains: 
 Kaolin - A highly effective natural clay, known to absorb impurities and excess sebum. 


Montmorillonite - Rich in minerals, a clay recognised for helping to eliminate imperfections.

Ghassoul - A pure clay highly concentrated in minerals renowned to help clarify complexion.

I haven't been using it for very long so I haven't seen the long term effects that it claims but I've definitely seen some changes straight after using it. My pores feel tighter and my skin is so much smoother with less texture afterwards. I absolutely love it and can't wait to try the other 2 masks from the range.



The last skincare addition is this Garnier Rose Water Toner. This is another one I'd found out about through reading people's blogs and it sounded like something I would love and it definitely is. Like with face masks, I've never got on with toners. I used a tea tree one once and it completely irritated and burnt my skin so I've stayed away from them ever since. Garnier is a brand I know works for my skin and I'm constantly re-purchasing their micellar water. This toner is so gentle and is nothing like any other toner I've used before. It smells and feels really natural so I have no worries about using it on my sensitive skin. It also smells gorgeous which I love when it comes to any cosmetic or skincare products. I use it after taking off my makeup just to further cleanse my skin and remove any makeup left before properly washing it.

Have you tried any of these products?

Liv x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great post, all these products sound amazing! I'm definitely going to try out the rose toner as I need a new one x
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Definitely try it, especially if you've got sensitive skin xx

      Delete
  2. I have really sensitive skin too and it's super annoying when it comes to wanting to try out new products! We seem to have similar skin types and I think I will get along with a L'Oreal mask now- I have been sceptical too! I love the rose toner by Garnier. Garnier is a brand that works for my skin too! xx

    louiselovesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so annoying trying to find suitable products that don't cause irritation! I'd definitely say you should try the mask, it's really gentle on the skin xx

      Delete
  3. I've been using Garnier toners and I think they've done such a great job for making sure my skin is free of all make up! I also have super sensitive skin but I've found that Garnier works well for sensitive skin!

    Kayleigh | www.anenthusiasmfor.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garnier is so good for sensitive skin! I love the toners xx

      Delete