A Summer Lippy For If You Dislike Bright Colours

Friday, June 09, 2017


I don't know about you but I hate super bright lipsticks. I just can't pull them off. Any pretty pinks or garish corals just make me look like I've slathered on one of those horrible lipsticks from the makeup sets you'd get as a kid when you wanted to experiment with purple eyeshadows and nail glitter. I think I'll stick to the neutrals. I'm much more of a bold eyes subtle lip kind of girl. Is that a thing? 
However, in my quest to find the perfect summer lipstick that didn't make me look like a 7 year old pageant queen, I came across this Max Factor lipstick and I think it's perfect for anyone who struggles with finding nice lipsticks to wear in the Summer. The shade is 'Rosewood 833' and you can buy it here.


Things I Noticed:
  • Shiny But Not Sticky- Is there anything worse than when your hair gets stuck to your lipstick or lipgloss? Well realistically there's quite a lot in the world worse than that but it's still pretty grim. This one's got a slight bit of shimmer in it which is really pretty for Summer but it's not sticky. I never thought I'd see the day where I liked a lip product that wasn't matte or nude. Hooray. 
  • Muted Colour- The colour has a slight dark undertone to it which means it could easily be worn all year round. It could definitely be an Autumn staple too. It's not garish or too bright which is great if you're like me and you're not a fan of bold, eye-catching shades.
  • A Wearable Pink- I think these are hard to come by unless you can just slay any lip colour, which in that case I'm extremely jealous. I feel like you could adapt it for pretty much anything: nights out, events/occasions or just casual daily wear.
  • Can Transfer Quite Easily- If I'm being honest this is the only thing that bugs me about it. It comes off quite easily and isn't very long lasting. Something as simple as drinking from a glass means you're not left with a lot of lipstick on your lips.
Have you tried this lipstick? What are your thoughts? Do you know any lipsticks that are Summery but not too intense?

L x

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I feel the same way, sometimes in autumn I'll wear a dark red but it's so rare that I wear something bright! That is a gorgeous color, definitely right up my street x

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shade is gorgeous! I might have to pick it up, thanks for the recommendation! Xx

    www.prettilypainted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the colour! No problem lovely xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh, that is a really nice shade. The formula sounds pretty good, too xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never tend to look at Max Factor, but this lipstick looks gorgeous! It's just a shame that it comes off so easily!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I hate having to re-apply lipstick throughout the day xx

      Delete